Reading at Home
As a parent/carer you are the person who knows your child best, so you are ideally placed to help them with reading, writing, speaking and listening. Everywhere you go there are things to read - whether you are shopping, waiting for a bus, visiting a museum or sitting in the dentist. There are lots of fun ways to improve reading without children realising they are learning! By pointing out words all around you, you will be making children aware of how important reading and literacy are.
Top Tips to Support Reading
Click on the links below for top tips for...
You may also find the following useful...
- Reading Activities
- Questions to Support Reading
- Recommended Books - Foundation Stage
- Recommended Books - Key Stage 1
- Recommended Books - Key Stage 2
- The First 100 High Frequency Words
- The Next 200 High Frequency Words
- Oxford Owl website for expert advice, top tips and activity ideas so you can help your child with reading