Update on Phased Re-opening of school (10/06/2020):
The Governing Body have met today and have decided to initiate the phased re-opening of school from the 15th June 2020. This decision was made in light of the current national situation and data regarding COVID 19 in conjunction with the risk assessments and measures put in place by us as a school. In line with guidelines from the Government, this phased re-opening will initially only be for children from Year R, 1 and 6. Please see below for the planned rotation of classes:
All parents from these classes should have been contacted by text message. Please let us know by emailing email@example.com or texting 07964 549976 whether or not you intend your child to return to school on the suggested dates. Please refer to the original letters that were sent out to all parents in these year groups and are available on this webpage.
All risk assessments have been assessed and agreed by the Local Authority and school policies have been updated in line with these. There have been a lot of changes inside and outside the school building to ensure that we adhere to the current advice regarding social distancing.
Click here for the Coronavirus (COVID-19): Risk Assessment Action Plan for potential opening for John Fletcher of Madeley.
Update from Chair of Governors (28/05/2020)
28 May 2020
Dear Parents and Staff,
I am writing to inform you that after careful consideration and risk assessment, John Fletcher of Madeley Primary school’s Governing body do not feel that it is safe, as of yet, to re-open the school to Reception, Yr1 or Yr6 children on the 1st June 20. This has been supported by the Senior Leadership Team.
This decision is based on the risk to the community, staff and children. It is our intention to undertake a phased re-opening from Monday 15th June, giving school more time to ensure staffing and school buildings are ready, to provide a safe environment for all our children, staff and parents.
The Governing Body fully appreciate the hard work shown by staff to make the school safe for children and would like to acknowledge their dedication and commitment.
The School will continue to support Home Learning and to provide provision for key worker’s children and our vulnerable children.
Click here for Telford and Wrekin Council's Letter to Parents about the Phased Opening of Schools- 22/05/2020
Information for Parents about Phased School Reopening (21/05/2020)
We hope you and your families are all well. It has been a very uncertain time and the staff at John Fletcher of Madeley Primary have all missed seeing your children in school. We have remained open since the school closures were announced, providing a childcare provision for our key workers and some of our families. This provision will continue to run until the end of the summer term.
As you will have probably seen in the news, the government have announced their proposals for a phased reopening of schools from 1st June 2020. They have indicated that the return date for schools will only happen if they are completely satisfied that it is safe for schools to reopen. All schools have been asked to plan a phased return for Reception, Year 1 and Year 6 pupils – the return to school will not be the same in every school, as all schools have to put in place what will work safely for their own school. We have been planning for our own phased return for R, Y1 and Y6 and have been ensuring that the risk assessments we have put in place ensure the return to school is as safe as it can possibly be.
We have tried to stay in touch with our families throughout the school closure period through our phone calls and regularly updated information and home learning on the school website.
Please continue to check our website during this time, as information is updated regularly http://www.johnfletcherofmadeley.co.uk. Please find attached the return to school information for your child. If you have any questions that are not answered in this information, please contact us at school on 01952 388188 or by email. It would be appreciated if you could let us know if your child will not be attending on the dates of their phased return to school.
We understand that you may be anxious about your child returning to school and will respect the decision you make as a parent, as to whether they return at this stage.
Ultimately, the decision to open the school will be made after a meeting of the Board of Governors on 28th May, 2020. We will let you know about the decision once this has been made.
We look forward to hopefully seeing you soon,
John Fletcher of Madeley Primary School
Emergency Care Provision